William O’Neil Biography
William O’Neil was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S. on March 25, 1933. He is an American entrepreneur, stockbroker and writer, who founded the stock brokerage firm William O’Neil & Co. Inc in 1963 and the business newspaper Investor’s Business Daily in 1983. He is the author of the books How to Make Money in Stocks, 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success and The Successful Investor among others, and is the creator of the CAN SLIM investment strategy.
William O’Neil Age
William who was born in klahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S on March 25, 1933.
William O’Neil Education
He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas, Texas. He studied business at Southern Methodist University, received a bachelor’s degree in 1955 and served in the United States Air Force.
William O’Neil Wife
O’Neil is married and has four children.
William O’Neil Net Worth
William who is considered by many investors to be a stock market wizard has an estimated net worth of 100 million US dollars.
William O’Neil Books
- How to Make Money Selling Stocks Short
- The Successful Investor: What 80 Million People Need to Know to Invest Profitably and Avoid Big Losses
- How to Make Money in Stocks Complete Investing System (EBOOK)
- How to Make Money in Stocks: Desk Diary 2005
- How to Make Money in Stocks Trilogy
- How to Make Money in Stocks and Become a Successful Investor (TABLET–EBOOK)
- How to Make Money in Stocks and Getting Started
William O’Neil Quotes
- “The moral of the story is: never argue with the market. Your health and peace of mind are always more important than any stock.”
- “completely objective and recognize what the marketplace is telling you, rather than trying to prove that what you said or did yesterday or six weeks ago was right. The fastest way to take a bath in the stock market is to try to prove that you are right and the market is wrong. Humility and common sense provide essential balance.”
- “The whole secret to winning big in the stock market is not to be right all the time, but to lose the least amount possible when you’re wrong.”
- “detect a market top, keep a close eye on the daily S&P 500, NYSE Composite, Dow 30, and Nasdaq Composite as they work their way higher. On one of the days in the uptrend, volume for the market as a whole will increase from the day before, but the index itself will show stalling action (a significantly smaller price increase for the day compared with the prior day’s much larger price increase). I call this “heavy volume without further price progress up.” The average doesn’t have to close down for the day, but in most instances it will, making the distribution (selling) much easier to see, as professional investors liquidate stock. The spread from the average’s daily high to its daily low may in some cases be a little wider than on previous days.”
- “A great trader once noted there are only two emotions in the market: hope and fear. “The only problem,” he added, “is we hope when we should fear, and we fear when we should hope.” This is just as true in 2009 as it was in 1909.”
- “investment books in the library. The best was How to Trade in Stocks, by Jesse Livermore.”
- William O’Neil Company
William O’Neil Company
In 1963, he founded William O’Neil + Co. Inc., a company which developed the first computerized daily securities database and sold its research to institutional investors and tracks over 70,000 companies worldwide.
William O’Neil Awards
- In 2002, O’Neil was awarded the”Classic Award of Recognition”
- In 2005, O’Neil was awarded the Spirit of Lincoln Award from the Lincoln Club of Los Angeles.
- In 2016, O’Neil was named to the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 500 Most Influential People in Los Angeles list.
William O’Neil How To Make Money in Stocks
The third edition of a practical rule book for becoming an investment professional. It offers guidance for those who want to make smart investments – even if they’ve never owned stocks before.Through every type of market, William J. O’Neil’s national bestseller, How to Make Money in Stocks, has shown over 2 million investors the secrets to building wealth. O’Neil’s powerful CAN SLIM Investing System a proven 7 step process for minimizing risk and maximizing gains has influenced generations of investors.
Based on a major study of market winners from 1880 to 2009, this expanded edition gives you:
- Proven techniques for finding winning stocks before they make big price gains
- Tips on picking the best stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to maximize your gains
- 100 new charts to help you spot today’s most profitable trends
- Strategies to help you avoid the 21 most common investor mistakes!