Rush Hudson Limbaugh 3 was born on January 12, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Rush is an American at age 68 and resides in Palm Beach, Florida.
Limbaugh graduated from Cape Girardeau, Missouri Central High School in 1969. Later he joined college because it was their parents wish but never graduated. He had joined Southeast Missouri State University which he left after two semesters and one summer.
The Limbaugh Family.
This family is made up of lawyers and politicians hence it is a well-known family. His grandfather was a prosecutor, judge, member of the Missouri House Representative, Special Commissioner and a president of the Missouri Historical Society.
Rush’s brother, David is a lawyer and also a prominent conservative commentator. Limbaugh’s uncle Stephen Limbaugh Sr was a judge at Missouri court while his cousin Stephen Limbaugh Jr is a judge at the court that appointed George Bush.
In 1967, when rush was still a teenager and had dropped out of college, Rush became a disk Jockey. At that time he went by the names Rush Marshie or Jeff Christy. Later in 1972 Rush started to broadcast in the afternoon show and in the mornings in WIXZ am radio.
Limbaugh then moved to Pittsburgh and worked as an evening disk Jockey. Limbaugh was fired in late 1974 when the company was sold off. Rush stayed for a decade with no job and he settled in Kansas City working as a director of the Kansas Baseball Team.
In 1984s, Rush returned to the radio station, KFBK in Sacramento. In 1987, Rush declared himself liberated from the East Germany of media liberty. Later on 1st August 1988, Rush moved to New York to start his own show.
In 1990, Rush campaigned for Hillary Clinton by placing her like those of the democratic party and when she won, Rush was rewarded an honor of membership to Caucus by Hilary Clinton.
The Rush Limbaugh Show.
The show takes place in the noontime with three hours of each day. The show provides some way for some radio to remain on the am view. In March 2006, WBAL station provided a market for the Rush Show. In 2007, Talkers Magazine named Rush Show the first.
The Excellent Mention in Broadcasting was frequently mentioned to Rush. In 1990, the listeners had increased not ignoring the poor signal of A.M.
According to News Article, Rush has signed a 31.25 million contract and has earned 33 Us million dollars. Rush is the highest paid broadcaster after signing a 400million Us dollar contract with Clear Channel Communications.
Rush’s net worth
Limbaugh is worth 590 Us million dollars.
Rush has been married four times and divorced three wives but now he still married. Rush’s wives include:
- Roxy Maxine McNeely married in 1970 and divorced in 1980
- Michaelle Sixta married in 1983 and divorced in 1990.
- Marta Fitzgerald from 1994 until 2004.
- Kathryne Rodgers married in 2010 until now
Limbaugh has no children yet even after the four relationships.
He has won three awards and nominated once in 2009 for the NAB Marconi Radio awards. The three awards include:
- NAB broadcasting hall of fame(1998).
- NAB Marconi Radio Awards(1992, 1995, 2005).
- The National Radio Hall of Fame &Mueseum(1993).
Quick Facts About Limbaugh
- His show, The Rush Limbaugh Show, is the most listened to radio show in Us
- Limbaugh is the number one most broadcasted show.
- The Union Rush Act, By Any Means, was named after him.
- Rush holds the “EIB Cure-a-Thon” fundraising every year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – this helps in supporting in medical bills of the affected personnel.
- Rush admitted to being an addict to the pain medicine and he was arrested and charged for fraud.
- Limbaugh was introduced to the hall of fame in Missouri with a bronze medal.
- His first experience on tv, was when he was a guest on the Pat Sajak Show.
- In 1993 he was introduced to the National Hall Radio of fame and later in 1998 he was introduced to the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame.
- He has broadcasted from the kitchen room when his mother was ailing before she died.