Robert Kelly Biography (Comedian)
Robert Kelly is an American stand-up comedian, actor, radio personality, and podcast host. He regularly performs at the Comedy Cellar. Robert often appeared on The Opie and Anthony Show on Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and has also appeared on Last Call with Carson Daly, Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, and Premium Blend. In 2003, he was voted the Breakthrough Performer of the Year on CringeHumor.net.
Robert Kelly Age
Robert was born on October 8, 1970 in Medford, Massachusetts.
Robert Kelly Family | Robert Kelly Parents |Robert Kelly Young
Robert was born in Medford, Massachusetts, three miles away from Boston. Information about his parents and siblings is not known. Robert was raised in a three-bedroom house with thirteen family members. Robert is of Irish and Italian ancestry, and was brought up Catholic. He became a self-confessed addict.
Robert began drinking at age ten before he quit alcohol and drugs at fifteen. He has remained sober since. As teenager he was arrested and spent time in a youth detention centre.
Robert Kelly Wife
Robert is married and has one son. The family moved from New York City to Westchester, New York in 2015. Robert’s first solo performance took place at Catch a Rising Star in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which his family attended.
Robert Kelly Tour
- Friday, May 10th 2019 – Saturday, May 11th 2019 – Rochester, NY Comedy @ The Carlson
- Friday, May 17th 2019 – Fort Wayne, IN The Tiger Room
- Saturday, May 18th 2019 – Indianapolis, IN Helium Comedy Club
- Wednesday, May 22nd 2019 – Sunday, May 26th 2019 – Las Vegas, NV Comedy Cellar Las Vegas
- Tuesday, May 28th 2019 – Los Angeles, CA Lodge Room Highland Park.
- Friday, June 28th 2019 – Bohemia, NY McGuires
- Saturday, June 29th 201 – Levittown, NY Governors Comedy Club
- Friday, July 19th 2019 – Windsor, Ontario Haddons Comedy Club
- Saturday, July 20th 2019 – Muskegon, MI Back Alley Comedy Club
- Friday, July 26th 2019 – Pleasantville, NY Lucys Laugh Lounge
- Saturday, July 27th 2019 – Poughkeepsie, NY Laugh It Up
- Thursday, August 1st 2019 – Saturday, August 3rd 2019 – Atlanta, GA Laughing Skull
- Thursday, September 12th 2019 – Saturday, September 14th 2019 – Tampa, FL Sidesplitters
- Thursday, October 3rd 2019 – Saturday, October 5th 2019 – New Brunswick, NJ Stress Factory
- Friday, October 11th 2019 – Saturday, October 12th 2019 – Manchester, CT Funny Bone Hartfo
Robert Kelly Comedy Central Presents
Robert released the hour-long special Live at the Village Underground, directed by Bobcat Goldthwait on August 8, 2014. In January 2015 it premiered on Comedy Central.
Robert Kelly Podcast
Kelly started his podcast You Know What Dude! in April 2010 on RiotCast, a podcast network that he co-owns. It is recorded weekly in a studio at the Comedy Cellar. Kelly described the podcast as “a true comic hang”. It regularly features Kelly curating a discussion with three to five comedians, with an emphasis on honesty and “ball-busting”. His regular guests include Joe List, Luis J. Gomez, and Dan Soder. The show was produced until September 2014 by Kelly Fastuca, and has since been produced by Chris Scopo.
Robert Kelly Book
In 2012, a comedy book by Kelly, Burr, and Joe DeRosa entitled Cheat: A Man’s Guide to Infidelity was released. The book followed a short film that the three wrote named Cheat.
Robert Kelly Acting Career
Before taking on stand-up comedy full time, Kelly worked several jobs including a waiter, delivering flowers, and working with juvenile delinquents. After his comedy troupe split in the early 1990s, Kelly did not perform stand-up for two years. Kelly lived in Los Angeles for a short period of time until he was encouraged to return to the East coast by Patrice O’Neal.
Robert was spotted by an agent through his acting work in 1998, and went to New York City to further his career. He moved in with fellow Boston comedian Bill Burr.
Robert toured with comedians Dane Cook, Gary Gulman, and Jay Davis on the cross-country tour entitled Tourgasm in 2005. After tearing (ACL) and straining (MCL) ligaments in his knee, Robert managed to finish the tour which began airing on HBO as a comedy documentary series in June 2006. Later he toured with Cook and Al Del Bene as part of Cook’s Global Thermo Comedy Tour: Isolated Incident.
Robert accompanied fellow comedian Colin Quinn to Iraq in 2005 and 2006, where they each performed stand-up for American troops stationed in Baghdad.
In 2007 Robert was a part of the New Jersey Bamboozle Festival as part of the Pass the Mic Comedy Tour on May 6. Robert also appeared in the 2008 comedy Ghost Town as the ghost of a construction worker. In that same year Robert also had a small voice part in the 2008 video game Grand Theft Auto IV as Luca Silvestri, a member of the Pegorino crime family and associate of Ray Boccino, who accompanied the main character in a mission.
From 2010 to 2015, Kelly starred as Louis CK’s brother Robbie during the first, fourth, and fifth seasons of the FX sitcom Louie. Kelly rated his performance on the show as among the best of his acting career.
Kelly co-starred in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll for two seasons, beginning in 2015. It was his first acting role as a regular cast member, and received formal drum lessons for the part.
Robert Kelly Net Worth
Robert has an estimated net worth of $300 thousand.