Pat Thomas Essay
Pat Thomas is a Californian author,journalist and campaigner specialising in the field of environment and health born on 1959 in California.
Pat Thomas Academy
Pat Thomas qualified as a transpersonal psychotherapist in 1991 at the Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling Education in London.Through her art of writing she has built a reputation for challenging assumptions of science and culture.
Pat Thomas Career
Thomas was an early campaigner for evidence based healthcare.During the time she was editor of the AIMS Journal,the quarterly magazine of the Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services (AIMS).
Pat Thomas has there henceforth worked for various magazines such as Proof!,Natural Parent, Ecologist magazine not mentioning the campaigns and labels she has worked for.
She later on became involved in web based projects and produced a web-based tool called “Infrequently Asked Questions” which enhances the ease of users to ask more in depth questions about cultural and personal issues.
She is frequently on national and local TV and radio.She has aslo been a regular guest on Anna Raeburn’s Talk Radio programme and featured on BBC Radio 4’s Costing the Earthand makes regular appearanceson programmes for the BBC,ITV,Radio 5 live,Sky news, RTE,Carlton Television ,Ireland AM,Granada Talk TV,LBC the World Service and others .
Pat Thomas’s books
Pat Thomas has written numerous books for both adults and children.However,her books have been translated into numerous languages including Spanish,French,Italian,Portuguese,Polish,Russian,Greek,Japanese,Dutch and Turkish.
Some of her books include Stuffed: Positive Action to prevent a Global Food Crisis(Sawdays,2010),Skin Deep(Rodale 2008),I Can Make a Difference – A First Look at Setting a Good Example (Hodder/Wayland 2010),Everyone Matters-A First Look at Respect for others (Hodder/Wayland 2010) just to mention but a few.
Pat Thomas’s books as a Contributor
- A Slice of Organic Life, Editor: Sheherazade Goldsmith (Dorling Kindersley, 2007).
- Failure To Progress – The Contraction of Midwifery (Routledge, 2002).
- Living Organic, Pat Thomas & Others (Time Life Books, 2001).
- Your Healthy Heart (Wallace Press, 1999)
- The Guide to Men’s Health (Wallace Press, 1998)
- The Vaccination Bible (Wallace Press, 1998)
- The Guide to Menopause (Wallace Press, 1997)
Pat Thomas’s Guides
- You Can Prevent Cancer (Wallace Press, 1999)
- The PROOF! Guide to Alternative First Aid (Wallace Press, 1998)
- Choosing a Home Birth (AIMS, 1998)