Marc Brown Biography
Marc Brown is an American author and illustrator of children’s books, born in Erie, Pennsylvania, U.S. as Marc Tolon Brown. Brown is famous for the Arthur series where he writes and also illustrates the Arthur book series, he is also well known for creating its numerous spin-offs. Brown is a three-time Emmy award winner where his Arthur TV series adapted from the books was named number one on PBS for three years (1997, 2000, 2001). Brown has as well as served as an executive producer on the show since its 10th season.
Marc Brown Age
Marc Brown was born on November 25, 1946, in Erie, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Marc Brown Family
Marc Tolon Brown was born and raised in Erie, Pennsylvania to Renita Toulon Brown (mother) and LeRoy Edward Brown (father). He has three siblings Kim Brown is one of his sisters.
Marc Brown Wife
Brown is married to Laurene Krasny Brown, the couple has three children: Tolon, Tucker, and Eliza Brown. The family currently lives in Hingham, Massachusetts and on Martha’s Vineyard.
Marc Brown Career
Brown was involved in many different jobs before focusing solely on his writing career. He was a truck driver, a short-order cook, a TV art director, and finally a college professor. Brown said his professorship was short-lived as the college went bankrupt one semester into his hiring.
Marc Brown Net Worth
American author and children’s book illustrator Marc Brown has an estimated net worth of $40 million.
Marc Brown Facts
- Marc tried many different jobs including driving truck, being a short-order cook, and a college teacher but his talent for illustration and writing children’s books won out.
- Marc Brown is believed to have developed the character Arthur while telling one of his sons’ bedtime stories while he was young.
- Marc Brown published five more books in the Arthur series between 2000 and 2011.
- Marc Brown has earned a total of three Daytime Emmy Awards to date for the Arthur television series adapted from his children’s series.
- The main inspiration for the many titles in Marc Brown’s Arthur series has been his children and the experiences of their childhoods.
Marc Brown Awards
- Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children’s Animated Program, Audie Award for Young Listeners.
Marc Brown Arthur
Marc Brown wrote and illustrated Arthur, a Canadian/American animated educational television series for children ages 4 to 8.
Marc Brown Books |Marc Brown Arthur Books
- Arthur, it only rocks ‘n’ roll 2002
- Monkey: Not Ready for Kindergarten 2015
- Francine, Believe It or Not, #14 2006
- Arthur’s Fire Drill 2000
- Arthur Turns Green 2011
- Wild about books 2004
- The Little Shop of Monsters 2015
- ZooZical 2011
- LA Visita Del Senor Rataquemada 2000
Marc Brown Studios
Marc Brown Studios is a TV production company. It is a creative, corporate and production entity of children’s book author and illustrator formed by Marc Brown in 2000 nationwide in the US. It was created to manage the rapidly expanding international licensing and publishing program associated with the show (series Arthur,).