Julie Donaldson Biography
Julie Donaldson (born September 11, 1978) is a journalist and beauty queen from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, who won the Miss Florida USA pageant in 2001.
She has worked as a sportscaster on the New York City-based network SportsNet New York, Boston, Massachusetts, television station WHDH-TV 7, and as an anchor for NBC Sports Washington. Donaldson is a graduate of the University of Florida.
Julie Donaldson Age
Donaldson was born on September 11, 1978, in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S. She is 40 years old as of 2018.
Julie Donaldson Family
This information is under review.
Julie Donaldson Education
This information is under review.
Julie Donaldson Relationship
Regarding her dating life, there has been no report of her being in a relationship whatsoever but she has been involved in a serious relationship with a professional Slamball player for the Rumble, Ivan Lattimore.
The relationship turned out to be a very toxic one for her as she filed a report of domestic violence against him where she announced that there had been at least four episodes of violence during the course of their relationship.
Julie Donaldson Career
Donaldson won the Miss Florida USA title at the state pageant held in Orlando, Florida, in July 2000. She had previously placed first runner-up to Kristin Ludecke in the previous year’s pageant. Donaldson competed in the Miss USA 2001 pageant won by Kandace Krueger of Texas but did not place. In July 2001, she passed on her title to Shannon Ford.
In 2006, Donaldson joined SportsNet New York at the network’s inception. She made numerous reports from various sporting events covered by SNY and hosted Mets Weekly, a weekly program recapping New York Mets games, trades, injuries, and other features. She spent two years working for the network from 2006-2007.
Donaldson worked as a TV host for Miami Heat’s Heat TV. Prior to that, Donaldson co-hosted Sports Rap on Fox Sports Net Florida. Donaldson also co-hosted Softball 360 on Fox Sports Net National. She also co-hosted the PBS series Healthy Body Healthy Mind on the Information Television Network.
In February 2008, Donaldson was hired as the Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins reporter and fill-in sports anchor for Boston NBC affiliate WHDH-TV 7. She left the job in December 2008, seeking “a fresh start in a new market” in the wake of significant publicity related to her being a victim of domestic assault.
In June 2010, Donaldson was employed as a freelance reporter for Comcast SportsNet’s Mid-Atlantic network, covering sports stories in the Washington, D.C. area, filling in for regular contributor Jill Sorenson while she was out on maternity leave.
Three months later (September 2010), Donaldson was promoted to anchor/reporter after Lisa Hillary left CSN Mid-Atlantic for its sister network in Philadelphia. SportsNet Central, CSN’s daily news program, premiered on October 4, 2010.
The new show replaced CSN’s SportsNite and SportsDay, which were re-launched as the new entity. SportsNet Central airs daily at 6 p.m., 10:30 p.m., and 1 a.m., as well as multiple times each morning. Chick Hernandez and Donaldson handled the 10 and 11 p.m. editions from October 2010-September 2013. Donaldson is now paired with Michael Jenkins for the 10:30 p.m. editions of SportsNet Central.
Julie Donaldson Net Worth
This information is under review.
Julie Donaldson Domestic assault
In July 2008, Donaldson testified in a Boston Municipal Court hearing that she and two female guests had been assaulted at her apartment on June 27 by her then-boyfriend Ivan Lattimore, a professional Slamball player for the Rumble.
Lattimore, who was arrested after the June 27 incident and charged with three counts of assault and battery and one count of indecent assault, was ordered to be held without bail until his trial in September. Lattimore has a prior criminal record with at least two other domestic violence convictions.
In September 2008, Lattimore pleads guilty to the assault charges against him and was sentenced to serve a year in jail, with eligibility for parole after 90 days (Lattimore was given an 89-day credit for time served). In addition to his sentence, Lattimore would be on probation for five years and be required to undergo a batterer’s treatment program. In January 2009, Lattimore was sentenced to another year behind bars for sending letters to Donaldson after his conviction, thus serving a total of two years in jail.
In October 2009, Donaldson spoke out for the first time on her own terms about her own personal experience with domestic abuse. Taking part in both the 15th Annual Barbara Ann Campbell Memorial Breakfast for Hubbard House and the Take Back the Night Walk at the University of North Florida, Donaldson shared her message of hope.
Donaldson returned to Ponte Vedra Beach after leaving the Boston news station in November of the previous year. She found refuge in her family and from Hubbard House in Jacksonville. “My biggest purpose needs to be talked about,” she said. “There is no stereotype.
But you can get out. There is someone out there. You don’t have to pretend to be normal.” Donaldson worked as a volunteer at the Hubbard House and said she was in the process of getting her life and career back on track. “People don’t need to look away,” she said. “This is a community issue,” Donaldson said it took perseverance to get where she is today — happily working in her dream job in D.C.
In June 2010 (as mentioned above), Donaldson relocated to Washington, D.C., to work as an anchor and reporter for Comcast SportsNet’s daily half-hour news program, SportsNite (now SportsNet Central). “I lost everything,” Donaldson said.
The previous October, she spoke with The Recorder to publicly tell her story for the first time. “It’s taken a support system that believed in my recovery and never pushed me to go further than I was ready [for],” she said. “I kept going and kept trying,” she said. “Every no was discouraging, but I believed, and I knew what I wanted. I’m anchoring [for SportsNite]. It’s amazing.” She said she left Ponte Vedra in June to freelance and was officially offered the position at Comcast in August.
Donaldson is currently the vice chairwoman of the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence and plans to become active in the Washington, D.C., community as well. “I want to take advantage of being in D.C.,” she said. “I don’t mind being a voice and a tool. Hopefully, my story can help someone who can’t.” She is excited about her new home and her new position.
But most of all, Donaldson said she is thrilled to have her life back. “There is nothing I’m afraid of anymore,” she said. “I’m so much more balanced.”
Julie Donaldson Books
- #1 in Tolerance
- #3 in Opposites
- #6 in Halloween
- #14 in Counting
- #15 in Stories In Verse
- Most Popular Books
- The Gruffalo
- Room on the Broom
- The Gruffalo’s Child
- The Snail and the Whale
- Charlie Cook’s Favourite Book
- Series By Julia Donaldson
- Gruffalo Explorers
Julie Donaldson Height
This information is under review.
Julie Donaldson Quotes
- You stole my heart the night we met when you sang that ridiculous song and dared me not to laugh. and every moment I have spent with you since then, you have stolen more and more of me until when you’re not with me…” He drew in a breath. “When you are not with me, I am left with nothing but longing for you.”
- “There’s something solid and constant about trees,” I said quietly. “They may change through the seasons, but they’re always there. They’re dependable.”
- “Isn’t that what a gentleman does? Rescues a damsel in distress?”
- “I can never look at a bird without thinking of you,” he said. “I wonder what you will do with your wings once you have found them. I wonder how far away they will take you. And I fear them, for my sake, at the same time that I hope for them, for yours.”
- “I know my heart. It has always been yours, Kate. Always.”
“You are not The Giver of My Heart’s Desire.” I took a deep breath and smiled. “You are my heart’s desire.”
- “When you are not with me, I am left with nothing but longing for you.”
- “I looked at the titles on the bookshelf and found a book on Greek mythology next to a book of poetry, which was flanked by a book on German philosophy. “How are these organized?”
- “They’re not.”
- I turned to him. “How do you find anything? There must be thousands of books here.”
- “I like the search. It’s like visiting old friends.”
- “Don’t think because I tease you that I don’t take you seriously.”
- “Philip stood with the tip of a sword pressed into Mr. Beaufort’s throat. I saw another sword on the floor.
- Neither gentleman looked toward the door. Philip looked perfectly in control, his sword bending the skin of Mr.
- Beaufort’s neck without piercing it. When he spoke, though, his voice sounded so fierce I hardly recognized it.
- “Tell me what you did to her.”
- “I made sure you wouldn’t want her anymore.”
- “I will always want her,” Philip said in a quiet, furious voice. “Always! There is nothing you could do to change that.”
- Mr. Beaufort sneered. “Then why do you want to know?”
- “Because I would never make her say the words. And because I want to know how much I should enjoy running you through.”
- “There was no escape from being unwanted. And that was the truth that struck at me the most deeply.”
“-Hardly knowing what I was doing, I began to hit the table with one hand as I sang in a low voice. Big cows” -thump- “lumps of meat” -thump. His widened. “Give me milk” -thump- “warm and sweet.”
- I stopped abruptly, pressing my lips together as I realized what I had just sung. The ridiculousness of it struck me forcibly and I knew I could not go on without laughing. We stared at each other, locked in a stalemate, his eyes brimming with laughter, his lips trembling. My chin quivered. Against my will, a sound burst from me. It was a very unladylike snort.-”
- “You are brave and loyal and true. You have such a good heart.” He held my hand close to his chest and covered it with his other hand. “It is only afraid. But I would take such good care of it, love, if you would give it to me.”
― Julianne Donaldson, Blackmoore
tags: love, proposal, regency, romance 30 likes Like
- “…we’ll have a duel in the morning on the moors. Plenty of fog. It will be quite dramatic, I daresay.”
- “Philip: “You are even more beautiful when you’re angry”
Marianne: “Don’t be absurd”
Philip: “I’m not”
Philip: “You should see yourself, with that flash of fire in your eyes. And when you press your lips together like that, a dimple appears in your left cheek, right next to your mouth. I find it… maddening”
- “A man does not need encouragement to lose his heart.”
- “I think the most profound beauty is found in what our hearts love.”
- “I have discovered happiness in being true to who I am. I hope you will give that idea some consideration.”
- “I promise, Marianne Daventry,” he began.
- “I promise that I do not love you for your money”
- “Kate,” he whispered, stepping closer to me, “you are not like your mother. You are a different creature from your sisters. The depths of your soul are fathomless. You are brave and loyal and true. You have such a good heart.” he held my hand close to his chest and covered it with his other hand. “It is only afraid. But I would take such good care of it, love, if you would give it to me.” He bent his head and pressed his lips to my fingers.”
- “I could be myself and be loved deeply.”
- “You are bright and fun and delightfully unexpected. You are brave and compassionate and selfless. And you are lovely beyond measure. I want you, all of you, just the way you are.” He drew in a breath. “If you will have me.”
- “He cupped my face in his hands. “Then listen to me, my blind, stubborn, darling friend. You stole my heart the night we met when you sang that ridiculous song and dared me not to laugh. And every moment I have spent with you since then, you have stolen more and more of me until when you’re not with me…..” He drew in a breath. “When you are not with me, I am left with nothing but longing for you.”
- “I reread my grandmother’s letter and realized with a deep sense of contentment that I had not had to change at all in order to have every hope for happiness in life. I had not had to learn to sing for the company or to behave like Cecily or to stop twirling. I could be myself and be loved deeply. I was, in fact, a lot like Meg, who had always been a racehorse, I just hadn’t known it.”
- “Do not let anyone else’s expectations direct the course of your life. I have discovered happiness in being true to who I am.”
- “He crossed the room to me and grabbed me by the shoulders. In three steps, he had me backed up against the bookcase. Before I could do more than catch my breath, he took my face in his hands and kissed me.”