Heidi Hayes Jacobs Wiki
Heidi Hayes Jacobs was born on October 4, 1948 is an author and internationally recognized education leader known for her work in curriculum mapping, curriculum integration, and developing 21st century approaches to teaching and learning.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Biography
Dr. Heidi Hays Jacobs was born on October 4, 1948.
She completed her doctoral work at Columbia University’s Teachers College in 1981. She received her master’s degree from the UMass at Amherst; her undergraduate studies were at the University of Utah in her hometown of Salt Lake City.
She has taught in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching at Teachers College in Columbia University, New York, from 1981 to the present. She is a co-founder of The Hollingworth Center also at Teachers College.
Dr. Jacobs has consulted with a wide range of organizations including: the College Board, NBC’s Sunday Today Show, Children’s Television Workshop, CBS National Sunrise Semester, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development ASCD, IBM EduQuest, The Discovery Channel, Tapestry Productions, The Kennedy Center, Carnegie Council on Adolescent Development, New York City Ballet Education Department at the Lincoln Center, the Peace Corps, the National School Conference Institute, the Disney Company, Prentice-Hall Publishing, the Near East School Association based in Athens, Greece, International Baccalaureate, the European Council of International Schools, and state education departments.
Jacobs is President of Curriculum Designers, Inc. and Executive Director of the Curriculum Mapping Institute. She works as an education consultant with schools and districts K–12 on issues and practices pertaining to: curriculum reform,instructional strategies to encourage critical thinking,and strategic planning.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Age
Heidi Hayes Jacobs was born on October 4, 1948.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs husband
She is married with two children and lives in Westchester County, New York.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Children
She is a mother of two children.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Height
Information will be updated soon.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Salary
Heidi’s salary is estimated to be between $10k to $50k per year.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Net Worth
Her net worth is estimated to be around $250k.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Books
- Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World
- Mapping the Big Picture: Integrating Curriculum & Assessment K-12
- Getting Results with Curriculum Mapping
- Bold Moves for Schools: How We Create Remarkable Learning Environments
- Active Literacy Across the Curriculum: Strategies for Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
- The Curriculum Mapping Planner: Templates, Tools, and Resources for Effective Professional Development
- World Studies: The Ancient World
- World Studies: Europe And Russia
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum: Design and Implementation
- Medieval Times To Today
- Mastering Media Literacy
- Geography Tools & Concepts (World Explorer Series)
- Mastering Global Literacy
- World Studies: The United States and Canada: Georgraphy-History-Culture
- World Studies Asia and the Pacific Student Edition
- History of Our World the Early Ages Student Edition Txt 2008c
- World Studies: Africa: Geography, History, Culture
- World Studies: Latin America
- World Studies Foundations of Geography Student Edition
- World Studies: The Ancient World: With Text Purchase, Add Studentexpress CD-ROM + Interactive Textbook 6-Year Online Access
History of Our World
- Prentice Hall World Studies: Eastern Hemisphere: Geography, History, Culture
- Western Hemisphere
- Prentice Hall Literature: Timeless Voices, Timeless Themes, Bronze Level, Annotated Teacher’s Edition
- World Studies South America And Europe
- The Ancient World, Teacher Edition
- Curriculum XXI: Lo esencial de la educación para un mundo en cambio (Educación Hoy Estudios nº 129)
- Prentice Hall History of Our World Reading and Vocabulary Study Guide 2005c
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Profiles | Facebook
Heidi Hayes Jacobs Twitter
DR. HEIDI HAYES JACOBS
SENIOR EDUCATION CONSULTANT
Dr. Heidi Hayes Jacobs is founder and president of the Curriculum Designers Group, providing professional services to schools and organizations internationally to upgrade curriculum and support teaching strategies to meet the needs of 21st century learners. Dr. Jacobs’s models on curriculum mapping and curriculum design have been featured in her eleven books and are the basis for software solutions used throughout the world.
Working with a range of organizations, Jacobs has online courses with PBS Teacherline and PD360 and has consulted to groups ranging from international, national, state and provincial education departments, professional organizations such as ASCD, NAESP, Learning Forward, the European Council of International Schools, the Near East School Association, the College Board, ADK International Sino-Canadian Schools in China, New Zealand’s Learning Network, the Kennedy Center, the Peace Corps World Wise Schools, Carnegie Hall, Australia’s EduTech,, and the United Nations Council on Teaching about the UN, the Near East School Association, the International Baccalaureate, the NY State Higher Education Commission, the CCSSO workgroup on Global Competencies, and AASA’s Collaborative Project focused on innovation. In 2014 she received the MAIS International Educator Award in Seville, Spain. Dr. Jacobs is serving a program development advisor to Amazon Studios’ children’s programming division.
In October, Dr. Jacobs‘ most recent book, Active Literacy: Active Literacy Across the Curriculum: Connecting Print Literacy with Digital, Media, and Global Competence, K-12, released by Routledge in October 2017. Her book, co-authored with Marie Alcock, Bold Moves for Schools: How We Create Remarkable Learning Environments was published by ASCD in 2017. Her recent four book series on Leading the New Literacies, Mastering Digital Literacy, Mastering Media Literacy, Mastering Global Literacy, were released in 2014 by Solution-Tree. Her best selling books, Curriculum Mapping: Tools and Templates and Curriculum 21 both with ASCD have been the basis for a wide range of professional services provided by a talented faculty and a robust clearinghouse giving educators resources to upgrade classroom life. Her education career began as a high school, junior high, and elementary teacher in Utah, Massachusetts, and New York.