Daniel Abraham Biography
Daniel Abraham, born Daniel James Abraham, is an American novelist, comic book writer, screenwriter, and television producer. He is best known for writing the books The Long Price Quartet and The Dagger and the Coin, as well as The Expanse with Ty Franck as co-author. The series “The Expanse” has been adapted into the television series of the same name, which has been ongoing since 2015. The book series was created by Daniel and his fellow author Ty Franck under the joint name James S. A. Corey.
He also played a large role in the Black Sun’s Daughter urban fantasy series still with Franck but this time under the joint name M.L.N. Hanover.
Daniel Abraham Age
He was born on the 14th of November 1969 in the United States.
Daniel Abraham Family
He lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico currently along with his wife Katherine Abraham and their only daughter Scarlet.
Daniel Abraham Career
Daniel Abraham’s first short story titled Mixing Rebecca was published in 1996 in The Silver Web #13. Soon after came many other short stories, novelettes, and novellas. One of his novelettes, “Flat Diane”, won an International Horror Guild Award in 2005 and a nomination to a Nebula Award in 2006. Another one of his novelettes, “The Cambist and Lord Iron: a Fairytale of Economics”, was nominated for a Hugo Award and a World Fantasy Award, all in 2008. He made his first contribution to the Wild Cards shared anthology universe in Deuces Down with his story titled Father Henry’s Little Miracle. He also contributed to the Jonathan Hive story-line to Inside Straight in 2008. In 2013 Tor.com published Abraham’s new Wild Cards short story, “When We Were Heroes”, edited by Martin.
He collaborated with George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois to write the book “Hunter’s Run” published in 2007 September. He only wrote the ending of the book since the other two writers were facing a writer’s block. He later launched a novel series “The Expanse” in 2011 with Ty Franck. The two decided to split the proceeds of the books with Daniel writing from Frack’s outlines and notes. Later in the writing process, Franck became more engulfed in the writing process and together they would write then swap and rewrite the other’s work. The first book of the series was nominated for a Hugo Award in 2012 as well as widespread acclaim in the sci-fi community. The third book in the series won the Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel. There are a total of nine novels and five novellas in the series with the last one set to be released in 2019.
Daniel Abraham also adapted the novel by George R.R. Martins, A Game of Thrones into a 24-issue comic book series published by Dynamite Entertainment from September 2011 to July 2014. The duo James S.A Corey, released a book, Honor Among Thieves, on the 4th of March, 2014. The Alcon Television Group gained the rights to adapt The Expanse series novels into TV productions. The show was first released in April 2014. Daniel and Franck, who write the novels under the joint pseudonym James S. A. Corey, serve as writers and producers on the show.
Daniel Abraham Books
The Long Price Quartet
- A Shadow in Summer (7th of March 2006)
- A Betrayal in Winter (21st of August 2007)
- An Autumn War (22nd of July 2008)
- The Price of Spring (21st of July 2009)
- Shadow and Betrayal (January 21, 2010)
- Seasons of War(January 21, 2010)
Black Sun’s Daughter series (as M. L. N. Hanover)
- Unclean Spirits (December 2, 2008)
- Darker Angels (September 29, 2009)
- Vicious Grace (November 30, 2010)
- Killing Rites (November 29, 2011)
- Graveyard Child (April 30, 2013)
The Dagger and the Coin series
- The Dragon’s Path (April 7, 2011)
- The King’s Blood (May 22, 2012)
- The Tyrant’s Law (May 14, 2013)
- The Widow’s House (August 5, 2014)
- The Spider’s War (March 8, 2016)
The Expanse series
- Leviathan Wakes (June 15, 2011)
- Caliban’s War (June 26, 2012)
- Abaddon’s Gate (June 4, 2013)
- Cibola Burn (June 5, 2014)
- Nemesis Games (June 2, 2015)
- Babylon’s Ashes (December 6, 2016)
- Persepolis Rising (December 5, 2017)
- Tiamat’s Wrath (March 26, 2018)
- “The Butcher of Anderson Station” (short story) (2011)
- Gods of Risk (novella) (2012)
- “Drive” (short story) (2012)
- The Churn (novella) (2014)
- The Vital Abyss (novella) (2015)
- Strange Dogs (novella) (2017)
- Hunter’s Run (2007)
- Inside Straight(2008)
- Suicide Kings (2009)
- “The Incident of the Harrowmoor Dogs” (Novella) (2013)
- Honor Among Thieves (2014)
- A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel #1–24 (September 2011–July 2014) (Four Volumes)
- George R. R. Martin’s Wild Cards: The Hard Call #1–6(April 2008–July 2010)
- George R. R. Martin’s Fevre Dream #1–10 (March–December 2010)
- Skin Trade #1–4 (July–December 2013)
- Leviathan Wept and Other Stories (May 31, 2010)