Charles Swindoll Biography
Charles Swindoll is an evangelical Christian author, pastor, radio presenter, and educator. He is the founder of Insight for Living, which has its headquarters in Frisco, Texas. It airs a radio program on more than 1,000 stations around the world in 15 languages. He is the senior pastor at Stonebriar Community Church, in Frisco, Texas.
Charles Swindoll Age
He was born on October 18, 1934, in El Campo in Wharton County, Texas and is 84 years old.
Charles Swindoll Nationality
He is an American national and was born in El Campo in Wharton County.
Charles Swindoll Family
He has two siblings and is the third of the three children born to Earl Swindoll and Lovell Swindoll.
Charles Swindoll Wife
He is married to Cynthia Parker, who was a pianist at a Baptist Church in Galena Park, Texas. The couple has four children, ten grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
Charles Swindoll Education
He went to Charles H. Milby High School in Houston. He learned to play a number of instruments in the woodwind section but the saxophone remained his primary instrument. After graduating from high school, he studied mechanical engineering while working for Reed Roller Bit Company in Houston, Texas.
After his discharge from the military in 1959, he attended Dallas Theological Seminary, where he graduated magna cum laude four years later.
Charles Swindoll Career
He is the founder of Insight for Living, which produces a radio program on Christian and non-Christian radio stations around the world. The program is heard on numerous channels, as well as on the internet and is translated into several languages. Its offices are located in Frisco.
In 1994, he became the president of Dallas Theological Seminary and now is the chancellor. He is the author of several books, most of which are based on his sermons preached each Sunday. Though Swindoll is still widely considered as an Evangelical Free Church of America preacher, the Stonebriar Community Church is not affiliated with any denomination.
Charles Swindoll publications
- Stress Fractures, Multnomah (1990)
- Simple Faith, Word (1991)
- Laugh Again, Word (1992)
- Flying Closer to the Flame, Word (1993)
- The Finishing Touch, Word (1994)
- Paw Paw Chuck’s Big Ideas in the Bible, Word (1995)
- Hope Again, Word (1996)
- The Road To Armageddon (with John F Walvoord; J Dwight Pentecost), Word (1999)
- Start Where You Are: Catch A Fresh Vision For Your Life, Word (1999)
- The Mystery Of God’s Will: What Does He Want For Me? Word (1999)
- Intimacy With The Almighty, Word Publishing (1996)
- Perfect Trust: Ears To Hear, Hearts To Trust, And Minds To Rest In Him, J. Countryman (2000)
- The Darkness And The Dawn: Empowered By The Tragedy And Triumph Of The Cross, Word (2001)
- Why, God?: Calming Words For Chaotic Times, Word (2001)
- Wisdom For The Way: Wise Words For Busy People, J. Countryman (2001)
- Understanding Christian Theology (with Roy B. Zuck), Thomas Nelson (2003)
- Behold—The Man!: The Pathway Of His Passion, Word (2004)
- So, You Want To Be Like Christ?: Eight Essentials To Get You There, Word (2005)
- When God Is Silent (Choosing To Trust In Life’s Trials), J. Countryman (2005)